Working with a construction injury lawyer after a construction accident.

Construction Injuries

Construction is obviously one of the most dangerous occupations in America. I saw a number of construction injuries when I worked as a union construction worker. I also saw the confusion that many of those injured workers faced following an injury. Should I file a workers compensation claim? Am I supposed to sue someone? Who is supposed to pay my medical bills? Today, I feel privileged to be able to answer those questions and help injured construction workers navigate their construction injury claims. 

Workers Compensation & Third-Party Lawsuits

Construction workers injured on-the-job are typically entitled to seek workers compensation benefits from their employer. Workers compensation is meant to pay for medical bills and provide temporary benefits when a construction worker is unable to return to work. 

In exchange for workers compensation protection, injured construction workers are generally prohibited from filing a lawsuit against their own employer. However, lawsuits may be filed against third-parties. This means that if a third-party was negligent in causing an injury, injured construction workers may generally obtain workers compensation benefits to provide temporary relief while seeking compensation from responsible third-parties through lawsuits.

How A Construction Lawyer Can Help

Injured construction workers should always seek the advice of a construction injury lawyer following a construction injury. Trust me. As a former non-union and union construction worker, I saw a number of construction worker injuries. Most of those injuries resulted in a lot of confusion, a lot of headache, and a lot of stress – all of which was unnecessary and may have been avoided by letting a construction injury lawyer handle the claim while the injured worker focused on rehabilitation and getting back to work. Today, I am happy to put my practical experience to work representing injured construction workers.

About Me . . .
Zach Anderson
Zach Anderson

I am a lawyer and partner at BRE Law. My practice is focused on representing individuals throughout Central Illinois who suffer physical, mental, and financial injuries.

Let's Talk!

Interested in working together? Feel free to email, text, or send me a message through the following form. After reviewing your message, I will contact you as soon as possible.